Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ups & Downs

Well I haven't had the chance to write for a few days, life has conveniently bumped in the way of that. With my grandparents being so sick and getting my wisdom teeth cut out, the last thing I cared about was blogging about it. I felt crummy, I looked crummy, so my stories were sure to be even worse. Thought I would spare you at least!

A few things have changed though. Grams & Gramps are now home from the hospital and are doing better. Unfortunately, my Great Grams, "Mom", is now in the hospital and is not expected to leave again. She is 97 years old and has congestive heart failure. I have a lot of mixed emotions about this. I just want to go see her again and I will this week. She looks so fragile now and she can barely see. I can only imagine what someone her age has been through. I wish I could write a book about all the things she has witnessed, how times have changed, lives have changed, and living through so many different generations. It must seem like an entirely different world than it was when she was my age. I want to be able to store those memories somehow so I can continue to pass them on, like a written history book full of nothing but life. I hope her prognosis improves. Right now they don't expect her to make it another two weeks, but I know for certain she is one tough little lady. She has lived through many situations when she was given a short span of time to survive. Only time and God will tell. I pray for her comfort.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out this past Tuesday, well some at least. It has been rough, much worse than I remember last time. Somehow we must heal quicker as teenagers than we do in our twenties. I have felt just yuck all week. I really don't feel like eating or talking and the more I do of either, the worse I feel. I have bad headaches and nausea, which I am assuming is coming from a dry socket. I can't say that for certain until I go back to see the dentist in the morning. My mouth is just killing me and the medicine doesn't seem to be working anymore. Hopefully they will get that taken care of quickly in the morning so I can get some relief. Guess I will know then.

Also, we are going to look at a house tomorrow. My cousin is a Realtor and he called me about a foreclosed home that he hasn't listed yet. It is a really nice three bedroom house in a very nice neighborhood close to us. It is within our price range and we have the chance to be the only people to make an offer on it if we like it. I am really excited! We could possibly have our own home by the time we get married, how awesome! I am going to take plenty of pictures tomorrow, so I'll post some later.

Well, I'm wiped out. I'm outta here. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment