Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Good deeds

Well today certainly didn't start out very well, but it is ended on a good note. I had a hard time sleeping last night, but that is pretty common for me. I finally fell asleep after Ryan left for work this morning. I slept until about 1pm and watched a bit of TV before I finally decided to get up and get around for work. I went about my routine and went to take a shower. Guess what.... no water, pipes were frozen!! Are you kidding me?!? So.... needless to say I didn't get to take a shower before work, gross. Off to work I went anyway. Work went well tonight. I was the shift leader in charge and that was nice for a change. That meant the "warden" wasn't working tonight AND I found out she won't be there all weekend. Even better! It was a pretty normal night and then I headed home.

On my way home I noticed a car parked on the shoulder with the hazard lights on. Then I noticed what looked like a younger teenage boy walking down the side of the highway. Normally I wouldn't have even considered pulling over at 1am in the morning, but it was -5 degrees outside and he was still 10 miles from town. So I went against my gut and pulled over to let him get in. I was right, he was 16 years old and carrying a tiny gas can. He certainly didn't have enough clothes on to be walking that far in the cold. He probably thanked me a million times for giving him a ride to the gas station. In route he explained to me that he had just went on his first date with a girl and had run out of gas on his way home. He knew he was running low on gas, but was enjoying his time with the new girl so he sat in her driveway for an hour and a half talking to her with the car running the whole time. He was too embarrassed to tell her his gas was running low. I thought that was pretty sweet that he enjoyed her company so much he was willing to walk home in the cold just to talk with her. Well, I got him to the gas station and he offered to buy me something to drive, but I politely declined as I already had something. That was very sweet of him. I got him back to his car and waited for him to pull off before I left. I was glad he was going to get home safely. Feels good to help people out especially in this horrible weather.

On another note, both of my grandparents are sick right now. Gramps has been sick for about a week and Wednesday night my grams got put in the hospital after she became lightheaded and short of breath. Due to the hazardous road conditions it took almost 4 hours for the ambulance to transport her, but they made it safely. She has been checked out by her cardiologist and it was a good report and she's feeling much better. She's going to be placed on a monitor for 30 days to make sure she's getting enough oxygen. Today was her 76th birthday and I hated that I couldn't make it up to see her. I always see her on her birthday, but the weather just wasn't going to allow it this time. She's supposed to be home on Monday, so I plan to make up for it then. I'll just make it extra special since she had to be alone today. I love my grandparents so much, they are just the most wonderful people. I have truly been blessed to be their granddaughter.

Well, I don't really have much else to share tonight. I'm pretty worn out so I think I'm gonna call it a night. Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment