Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The rest of the day crushed me, I need some good things to happen right now.

I had really hoped today was going to be great, but I didn't fare so well. I woke up this morning and things were smooth sailing. Our water turned back on after our pipes unfroze and I had one of the best showers ever! That put me in a great mood! I was feeling good on the way to work, had a great conversation with Ryan, and my with my best friend (who I have recently had a few struggles with). Work was even going great tonight. We had three staff in my group, (we normally have just two), and we were able to get out of the dorm on our own to get things done. I called for my break about 8:15 after I finished passing meds and checked my phone. My dad had sent me a text message saying they were rushing my grandpa to the same hospital my grandma is currently in in North Kansas City. His pneumonia has worsened and he has severe fluid build-up on his legs and his congestion is horrible. I fell apart within seconds. Due to weather and working evenings I haven't been able to get up to see either one of them and now they are both in the hospital. I feel absolutely crushed that they are both so sick and there is nothing I can do. I am off work Monday morning and I intend to spend my entire day there between the two of them.

Apparently grams is a little worse than she was sharing with me. Her meeting with the cardiologist didn't go so smoothly and the ultrasound showed what appeared to me a heart murmur that was not there before. They have her hooked up to a heart monitor 24 hours a day and are in talks about a defibrillator. She'll continue to be on this new monitor and medication after she returns home. I am glad that she is in this hospital thought because it is ranked one of the top cardiology hospitals in the state which is comforting considering my gramps has heart disease and congenital heart failure as well. They cannot be on the same floor however. She can't leave the cardiac floor because of her monitor and he can't leave his floor due to his illness. How terrible is that? My grams has a way of sweet talking people so I imagine she'll find a way to get down to see my gramps tomorrow. I just pray for a healthy, speedy recovery for the both of them. They are like a second set of parents to me and I would feel lost without them. I know I have been very blessed to have them in my life, especially since my other grams passed away suddenly almost three years ago right in front of me and I never knew my other gramps. I am ready for them, as are many, many other people, to be home and healthy again. They are loved be so, so many in their community.

Work let me off early tonight because I was an extra and I was pretty upset. That rarely happens, but I am appreciative for the few caring supervisors that I work with. I tried to go to the hospital, but by the time I almost got there, they weren't letting anyone else in unless it was critical care. So I decided to keep myself occupied with errands. I went to Wal-Mart and got new supplies for work, went home to let Didymus out, and started laundry. I also filled out all of my cards for everybody's birthdays, Get Well cards, Anniversaries and such. I also got our massive amount of trash ready to be taken out Monday night since we couldn't get it out last week because of the weather.

After I finished my errands I decided to go meet Ryan at Happy Hour with several of our friends. That was really nice and fun. I haven't been out in a long, long time due to working weekends, saving money for Christmas, and finishing up my last semester of Grad School. I didn't drink at all because of the roads and I wanted to get us home safely, but I still had a lot of fun. I got to catch up with my best friend and other girlfriends. I missed that so much. I think I'll do it again next weekend and maybe have Ryan be the designated driver this time.

Well, it's time for me to get Ryan's military uniforms in the washer before I call it quits for the night. I feel a little bit better after getting my thoughts in order again. I think this blog is going to be like a type of therapy for me, sounds alright to me! I'm signing out now.... tot ziens!

No comments:

Post a Comment