Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Today was a good day.

I am glad to say I finally have a post that has good news! I feel like the last couple weeks I've only had things to gripe about and stress over. That really puts a damper on life when you can't see past it. So, today I am happy and today I am feeling great! I got to bring my Grams home from the hospital today! It was so nice to just see her, bringing her home was a pure blessing in my eyes. She looked good, sounded good, and was back to acting like her normal self. Thank the Lord! I got to visit with my Gramps as well. He is looking much better already. They have drained a lot of the excess fluid from his legs and have him on medication to help reduce the congestion. It was a feeling of pure relief to see them both doing so well!

I got Grams home and settled into the house before my aunt, uncle, and baby niece brought dinner over. My dad came shortly also. It was nice to have dinner together. I didn't really realize how much I need time with my family like that until I'm not physically able to do it or poor health puts our get togethers to a halt. So many people have prayed for my family and I am so grateful.

In other good news, Ryan kept the house from burning down today! Seriously, we were probably within an hour of the whole house catching on fire. The landlord had put a couple of space heaters under the house when the pipes froze. They used cheap extension cords that are not made for heavy duty equipment. It even says on the packaging to never use an extension cord on space heaters, but that didn't stop them! We had no idea it was hooked up like that because they placed them in the crawl space directly under the middle of our house. Ryan got home from work and decided he was going to unhook everything since we are supposed to have two wonderful days of 40 degree weather! He went into the garage and noticed a chemical smell, then proceeded to crawl under the house. He went to unhook the extension cords and they were so hot he couldn't handle them. When he finally got them apart, the insides were completely melted and burnt to a crisp. There was melting plastic inside of the plugs!! I am so glad he decided to check that when he did and I am very, very glad he was home at the time! If that had happened this morning our house would have burned to the ground with our pug inside. It's a small house and it's old, so it would have just went up in flames. It scares me to even think about the dog being trapped in a burning house. Don't even want to think about it at all!

So, we have decided we are going to move when our lease is up in May. I am very, very excited about this! There is a nice house a few blocks from here in a much nicer neighborhood that we are looking at right now. It is a two story with a two car garage; that would have been nice this winter!! It is much newer and has a lot more space. The price is reasonable as well, but the military's housing allowance lets us have our pick for the most part. I just hope it's still available come May. I guess we will see!

Work was awesome this weekend too. We let the kids watch movies and have snacks. They loved it and it made for two really great shifts, even if I was working the weekend. I wish more shifts went like that, but I'll take what I can get! I had today off, but I really didn't get much time to myself. Hopefully my next day off, Thursday, will be filled with sitting around in my pj's and just watching TV! Maybe a play date with my niece too. Well, I'm off to go make Ryan's lunch for tomorrow. Until next time.... farvel!

No comments:

Post a Comment