Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Pedi Visit for Eric

I had to call and make an appointment for Eric this past week. He started spitting up, then throwing up, and had the worst tummy troubles at night. I felt so terrible for him and mom and dad weren't getting much sleep either. As long as he was upright he did ok, but as soon as we put him to bed at night he would get fussy. He would pull his little legs up to his body, grunt, and cry. It even got to the point one day that he was screaming and would throw up everything he just ate. I can honestly say that was the first time I felt defeated as a mother. I didn't know what else I could do to help my child feel better. So, I called the doctor.

The doctor's office on base was able to make him an appointment for the next morning. My mom stayed the night with us that night so she was able to go with me. It was my first time driving on base and my first time being on base without Ryan. Things went smoothly though and we got there with no problems. We met his nurse practitioner for the first time and she was wonderful! She was so attentive and so very friendly. That instantly made me feel more relaxed. The weighed and measured him first and wow! Eric had grown! He is now 7lb2oz and 19.5in long! Little man has been busy!

She then asked several questions and was able to diagnose him with reflux. That didn't surprise me in the least bit. He was prescribed Zantac twice daily and was switched to Enfamil Gentlease Formula. We were to try that for a few days and if that didn't work, switch him to Similac Sensitive. So, we got home and we started the new mixture. He struggled the first 24 hours while the old formula was getting out of his system, but the throwing up stopped instantly. What a relief!!

The first 24 hours passed and my little baby was so much happier!! I could already tell his little tummy was feeling so much better. He slept so well that night, which means so did we! He was already a happy baby, now he's even happier! I am so thankful and blessed to have such a wonderful son. I thank God every single day for bringing him into my life. I love that little boy dearly.

We've set up his 2 month well baby appointment for the end of this month. He'll get his 2 month shots then. I'm really not looking forward to that, but his doctor reassured me that babies really aren't phased by their first set of shots, it's usually the 4 months shots that bother them more. At least we have a little bit longer before that time comes.

Eric will be 2 months on the 13th. I'm working on another page for his scrapbook for that day. It is really starting to look pretty amazing. I'm actually impressed with what I've been able to put together. If I keep this up, I'm going to need a 2nd book soon! Well, I'll write again for his 2 month milestone. Until then... adios!




No comments:

Post a Comment