Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Father's Love

Dad & Eric

Most people know that this past Sunday was Father's Day. I celebrated it on two different days with the special men in my life. Ryan went on a float trip this weekend, so Eric and I went up to Mama Foster's house on Saturday. We were celebrating my dad's Father's Day. Charis was there as well, so it was a lot of fun! We had an amazing meal of boiled shrimp, friend shrimp, new potatoes, asparagus, homemade mac n cheese, and brownies. I know it may sound like a regular meal, but it was my Mama's homemade cooking. That is far from regular! I ate until I was uncomfortable and I never do that!

My Dad & Eric

Eric made a card for Grandpa Kevin, with a little help from me... (: We traced his hand inside the card and wrote his name on the front. He loved it! They got some good pictures together and then we all watched a movie with Charis before bed. We stayed the night, so Charis, Eric, and I all shared the big bed in the North Room. It felt just like all the sleepovers we had when I was little!

The next morning, Eric and I loaded up and drove the hour back home. Ryan made it home from the float trip and we met him outside with a big hug! Eric had on his camo onesie that I picked out for him to wear just for Father's Day. Ryan decided he wanted King Chef for lunch, so that's where we went. After lunch we did a little shopping, then back home to relax. I told Ryan we could do whatever he wanted since it was his first Father's Day, but that's what he wanted to do!

Ryan & Eric watched TV and napped, so I got the house all cleaned up and packed Ryan's bags for his TDY the next day. I wanted him to just relax, so I got everything ready for him to leave the next morning. Then he got his gifts. Eric also made him a card with his hand traced inside, he's pretty talented, no? Eric then showed him the other onesies he has that are just for his daddy! One says, "I love my daddy!", another says, "Best Father's Day Present Ever", another says "Spirit of America" with a picture of the B2 Bomber, since that's the jet Ryan works on. The last one shows a drum set and says, "Proof my mommy liked the drummer". I think that one describes itself! (: I gave Ryan his card from me and then his gift. I made him a custom, "All the Reasons I Love You" book. It is a little book that lets you pick all the different reasons why you love someone, then it attaches the matching stick figure cartoon. You can even make custom pages, which we did several. I was worried he would think the book was a little cheesy, but his reaction blew me away. He started crying!! I asked if he liked it and he replied, "No one has ever done anything like this for me before, I love it!" I was really glad in that moment that I decided to make that book. Now he can always have something to look at to remind him just how much his wife and son love him, even if we aren't always able to be with one another.

The next morning while the boys were still sleeping, I shut off Ryan's alarm for the airport. I finished packing his bag, laid out his clothes and uniform, and made is breakfast. I took him his breakfast in bed and let him know everything was ready for his trip. He was thankful for the extra sleep! Then he got ready and headed off to work happy.



Daddy's Major Man!

*My Boys*

I would have to say this Father's Day was wonderful. I spent time with my father and watched my husband experience his first Father's Day. I am lucky to have such wonderful men in my lives that take pride in raising their children. I was blessed to be raised by a wonderful father, step-father, and finally my grandfather. Papa, though in Heaven this year, was not forgotten. I thought about him all day and missed not having him there with us for the first time. I know he would have been so proud to see his new great grandsons and would love his granddaughters as usual. He's just watching over us now instead of sitting next to us. I miss him every single day and when Eric is old enough, I plan to tell him everything about his Great Grandpa, Papa, Foster.

Well, that about sums it up for now. Until we meet again!






No comments:

Post a Comment