Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ryan & Callie's 2 Year Dating Anniversary!

The night we started dating 6--26-09
6-26-2009. It's amazing how fast the past two years have gone. This time last year, Ryan and I decided to go downtown with several of our mutual friends. We were just going as friends too, but we left as something more than that. I knew I had developed feelings for Ryan, but after talking to my sister I was convinced that the feelings weren't mutual. It was disappointing, but I was ok with that. Ryan had just been through a nasty divorce. I could understand why he wouldn't be ready to start dating again.

Well, we met up with our friends at Johnny's Pour House. It was just another night out and we were having a good time. I knew I couldn't stay out very late because I had to work at 8:00am the next morning, but I really didn't want to leave Ryan. After we were there a couple hours, some of his friends asked if we were dating. His response? "Not yet." I calmly asked, "What do you mean, not yet?" That's when he told me he had developed feelings for me and wanted to be with me. I instantly had the stupidest grin that I couldn't wipe off my face. He asked me if I felt the same way and I blubbered out something to the tune of, "Of course!".

Shortly after that, we decided to go back to his house. We stayed up all night long talking, even though I had to work in just a few short hours. I never slept that night, but I was on top of the world. I felt like a teenager again, not 25! We spent endless hours over the next several days talking all night and texting when we couldn't be together. It didn't take long before I was at his house every single day. Things were amazing. I had never been with anyone that I could talk to and relate to like Ryan. I knew within months that this was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I hoped he felt the same way and soon after he confirmed that he did.

Our Wedding Day 10-23-10
Life has been very fast paced and a definite trip since we have been together. We have experienced a lot as a couple in the two short years that we have been together. Moving in together, finishing grad school, experiencing the loss of grandparents, getting engaged, getting pregnant, our wedding, and the birth of our son, just to list a few. Things moved a lot quicker than either of us had ever planned, but we took on each task together and everything has worked out great. I'm not going to say it's always been a smooth ride, but it's a ride we know we'll never have to do alone. I know that I can face the most difficult situations in life and Ryan will be right by my side to see me through it. The same goes for him with me. I have found the person I am going to spend the rest of my days with and that is an amazing feeling.






Right after meeting our son for the first time
I love Ryan more each and every single day. Sure, this post is mushy, but I wouldn't be the person I am now without him. I wouldn't be married to the love of my life, nor would I have our beautiful son. As I sit here typing this, I keep looking over the computer watching my boys sleep. It makes my heart feel full to see my tiny baby boy wrapped up in his daddy's arms. That is a picture of pure bliss to me. So in closing, I just wanted to say that I am so grateful for this day two years ago. I'm thankful that Ryan chose me and I chose him. I'm grateful for every little thing that didn't work out in our previous lives that led us to one another. It's pretty amazing how things come together sometimes. Ryan Jon, you   are my everything and I love you, always & forever!

Our first family photo

No comments:

Post a Comment