Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eric is a month old!

5-13-2011 Boogie turns a month old!

It's so hard to believe that our little Eric is already a month old! I can't believe time has gone by this fast. It really feels like he was just born last week! Boogie is doing so great. He is such a happy baby and is pretty much sleeping through the night already. He wakes up once or twice to eat, but falls right back asleep. He rarely cries and is very content.

We weighed him the other day and he is now a whopping 5 pounds, 4 ounces! We haven't measured him yet, but I am guessing he is about 18 inches long. His preemie clothes still fit, but he is starting to fill them out. His little feet are now starting to push on the bottom of his sleepers. A few of his newborn outfits are starting to fit him, but we still have to roll the sleeves up so his tiny little hands can come out! He hit his first growth spurt this past week too. That wasn't too bad, but he definitely slept less than he has been. He wanted to eat, eat, eat.... but no sleep! Thankfully, that passed in a couple days.

He smiled at me for the first time this week too! I melted when I saw that big grin across his face. I knew it was a genuine smile too. My mom was holding him and I walked up next to them. I got close and started talking to him. He turned to look at me and SMILED!! I wanted to cry because it was just so sweet! I wish I would have had my camera, but I know I'll have plenty of time to catch that grin again!

Ryan went back to work this week. I was a bit nervous about spending the whole day with just me and baby, but things have gone great so far. Eric is really content to watch his mobile for a while and I can get some things done around the house. Ryan calls every night to check on us and we enjoy talking to him over the phone. When he gets home, we're usually up still so we still get to spend time together. We have visited my sister both days as well, trying to help her out. Looks like she will be having her son anytime and Eric will have a new cousin! I really hope they become good friends as they get older. Charis already loves Eric and wants to hold him all the time. She's done quite well with him too. Having two baby boys around this summer is going to be awesome! So many memories to make and pictures to take! :)

He is actually 5 weeks old now as of today. I wish time would stop flying past us. He'll be 2 months old before I know it! That means his next pedi visit and the dreaded 2 month shots.... ugh! That will be a whole new adventure.

Well, Eric is back asleep, so that means this momma is heading back to bed too! See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment