Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 24 Baby Update

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Well, here we are at 24w,3d! We found out the week before Christmas that we are expecting a little boy May 10th! We are so thrilled to be having a little boy and we have picked out his name already. We just haven't shared it with many yet. He is a very active little guy and he is constantly moving. I'm smitten with him already! We've started getting gifts and baby gear for him already. We even got a free crib, stroller, and bassinet. People have been so generous. My shower is at the end of March and my best friend is throwing that for me. I can't wait to see everyone again. It's really hard to believe that in about 15 more weeks, this little one will be in my arms instead of my stomach. I can't wait to see his sweet little face though.

We're actively looking for a new house to rent. This one just isn't big enough for the three of us and two dogs. We have found a few places that we're going to call about next week, so hopefully that works out for us.

I'm also really anxious to find out what my sister is having. I probably forgot to mention that she is expecting and is due 3 weeks after me! I am so happy for them, since they were trying for so long, and had almost given up. The last ultrasound they had looked like it was a boy, but they couldn't be certain with the position of the umbilical cord. They go back in two weeks to look again. How crazy would it be that after the last 6 babies born in our family, the next 3 will be boys! It's so awesome to think how fun the holidays are going to be next year with all the little babies around. Well, I have to run for now. I'm going to do my best to update this every week from here on out. Until then, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment