Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I have a bit of catching up to do!

It's been a long time since I've actually taken the time to sit down and write an entry. We have been very busy and then  my new post page would never load for some reason. Well, since the last time I wrote, several things have happened.

Eric snoozing on his first flight


We flew to Washington to be with the Moudy's for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful trip! We also celebrated our Christmas with them while we were out there. While we were waiting at MCI airport, we had a little time to kill before boarding the plane. I put a blanket and some toys down on the floor for Eric to play with and out of nowhere, he decided to crawl!! I was so excited! John and Nance really seemed to enjoy the visit with Eric. This was the first time John got to meet his only grandson and he seemed impressed. He carried him around and played with him a lot. This was also Eric's first time on a plane. I was very worried that he would have a hard time, but he did amazing!!

Eric also got his first tooth just a couple of days before Christmas. I had no idea that it was in either. I was watching him and he started biting my camera case like crazy, so I stuck my finger in his mouth. Sure enough, there was a tiny little tooth on the bottom! The second tooth came in one week later.
His first time meeting Santa!



















We went to Cabela's a few weeks ago with my dad to just look around. We took Eric through the aquariums and he absolutely loved it! Each time on of the larger fish would swim by, he would put his hand on the glass as if he was trying to touch them. He would just squeal with happiness.

Watching the fish at Cabela's


Eric's first Christmas was absolutely wonderful! I enjoyed watching him open all of his gifts, well more like tearing and then eating the paper. The excitement on his face when he got a new toy to play with was so precious. Our cousin Becky gave him a little blue stuffed elephant. He played with that thing all night long! He did excellent between all the different get togethers we were attending. He was such a social and happy baby!






We had Eric's 9 month appointment two weeks ago. The little guy is now up to 19lbs and 26.5"! I can't believe how much the little guy has grown in just 9 months. It almost doesn't seem real! He crawls like a champ, pulls up on everything, and is trying to stand up without any assistance at all. I just wish he would slow down a little bit sometimes! He really loves foods like green beans, banana, oatmeal, carrots, and yogurt. He isn't very fond of fruit at times, but he will eat it.

 He can only say "mama" as of right now, but he is starting to make other sounds such as, baba, paaaa. We are trying so hard to get him to say "dada", but he just isn't quite there yet .He does make the most amazing bird noises and shrieks. I will post the video of it when my internet is working a little faster. He also is cutting teeth #3 and #4 right now. It has been pretty miserable, especially since he's had a horrible chest cold at the same time. He slept with us two nights because he was feeling so yucky.

He has changed quite a bit since my last entry. I love watching my little boy grow and learn new things each day. He is the best surprise that has ever happened to me.  I cannot believe that he will be 10 months old in less than two weeks! Where is the time going?!?

Well, I have a couple of posts that I am working on, mainly just photo dumps. I will do my very best to keep this updated from now on. Until we meet again....




No comments:

Post a Comment