Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My baby is 3 months old!

My Little Bear!
I can hardly believe that 3 months has gone by already. My itty bitty baby is not so itty bitty anymore. Ok, well he's still a tiny guy, but he's far from the 4lb10oz newborn I brought home from the hospital! He's now 10lbs3oz and 22.5". That means he's gained close to 6 pounds and has grown 6 inches! He is on a mission to be a big boy!

Our Tiny Family
Eric turned 3 months on the 13th and it brought about several different emotions with it. Of course I am thrilled that my little guy is growing and thriving, but I am also somewhat sad that he is not the snuggly little infant he was just a few weeks ago. Come to think of it, he doesn't like to be snuggled like that anymore unless it's bed time. He hates to be faced away from the action. He is so involved with the world around him now. He wants to watch everything all the time. He will throw a fit if you try to hold him facing your chest. He likes to be turned around and preferably bounced on your leg at the same time. Eric loves movement, whether it be walking around, bouncing, etc... He will only tolerate the swing now for 10 minutes tops. He wants to be out and about. According to my mother-in-law, he's just like his daddy. Always on the go and not happy if he can't be. He's also going through some sleep changes. He went from sleeping a lot, to fighting off naps as much as he can. Going to bed at night also became a fight. We finally had to get him on a schedule. He goes to bed at 9:00pm each night now and is usually down for good by 10:00pm. He still wakes to feed 2-3 times a night, but will sleep until 9-10 the next morning. I did manage to get him to take 4 naps today somehow. They are short, 1 hour naps, but naps none the less. I think the new air conditioner made a huge difference, so he is more comfortable to sleep. I can't say I blame him being cranky with this ridiculous Missouri heat.

My Beautiful Baby Boy
One new struggle is that he only wants me at bedtime. I know this is hard on Ryan because he feels like he can't comfort his son. It is frustrating for him and it can be for me also. They are bonding extremely well otherwise. Eric will coo and talk to Ryan in a way that he doesn't do with me. He just "talks" up a storm when Ryan talks to him and smiles at him. I absolutely love it. I love sitting and watching the two of them get to know one another. They are going to be extremely close as Eric gets older and that makes me very happy. Of course I know he'll always be my little boy, but he has his daddy wrapped around his little finger.

My Heart
We are trying to plan a little family vacation for a weekend sometime before the summer is up. We haven't been able to do anything yet since we are moving soon and since Ryan has been working such long hours and weekends. I think we've decided that we are going to take Amtrak to St. Louis for a weekend. I don't want to make Eric sit in his car seat for 3-4 hours straight. That would make me grumpy too! Taking the train will allow us to sit back and relax. We'll probably hit up the zoo, the city museum, and the Science Center or Magic House. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up with some of my college friends while we're there too so they can finally meet Eric. We really wanted to go to Omaha this summer, but due to the flooding this year, it doesn't look like that is a possibility. I'll just have to take lots of pictures, because little man certainly won't remember a thing! I just want him to be able to look back at all the pictures someday to see the fun things we've done as a family.

We'll be moving to Lexington in just a couple more weeks. It's only temporary, but it makes me sad. We're moving out of our first home together. We lived here when we were dating, when we got married, and this is Eric's first home. I don't like that he'll never remember living here, but that's what we have to do in order for me to stay home with him. Well, this house is kind of crappy anyway, so it's not really a loss. I'm just sentimental about it I guess. The plus side is that we'll be living with my mom for a while, Eric's "GeeBee". He loves her and she is so excited to be able to see him more often. It is definitely going to save us a ton of money too, so that helps a lot! Once I return back to work next year, we'll finally be able to start looking to buy a home. That will be nice! I would really like to be somewhere permanent before we even start to think about Eric having a sibling. We'll just see what happens. We're flexible people.

He is my reason for living!
Well, this post kind of went all over the place, but I got out most of what has been on my mind. Boogie is growing faster than ever and I wish time would slow down just a little bit. At this rate, he'll be a year old before we know it. My beautiful little baby boy is growing up so fast! I've included pictures in this post that my cousin Josie took for Eric's 3 Months. They are absolutely fantastic pictures and I look forward to doing several more shoots with her in the future. I'm out of here for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment