Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Just a note.

Well, it's hard to believe another week has passed me by. I'm 27 now and 29 weeks pregnant. My birthday went well, much different than my birthday celebrations in the past however! It was nice to not wake up feeling like crap this year though. I started out the day with an OB appointment. The midwife did the routine fundal height measurement and said I was measuring perfectly. They told me to gain some weight though, because I lost 2 pounds since my last appointment. I can't help it, food has not been my friend during the pregnancy and then I got a stomach bug on top of it. I've only gained 9 pounds so far and I know it's mostly the baby. My appetite is getting much stronger now so I know that's a good thing. I am fairly sure I'll only gain 15 or so pounds total during the entire pregnancy. I guess that will make it much easier to lose the weight after Eric is born.

Well, after that we listened to the heartbeat on the doppler again and it was measuring the normal 130-140 the whole time. Then I got the lovely news that I would need to go have my glucose screen. I knew that was coming, but I wasn't expecting to do it on my birthday! Oh well. So, we went over to the hospital, I drank the orange drink, and we left for an hour. I tried to nap in the truck, but Ryan kept playing his music too loud and I really didn't sleep. We went back in, had the blood drawn, and we were done. I went home after that and napped until it was time to get ready for dinner. We went to dinner at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse. It was awesome as usual! My mom, Beth, Joel, Charis, Ryan, and Stephanie joined me for dinner. It was really nice and laid back, just what I wanted! My mom and sister got me some maternity tank tops that I desperately needed and a whole bag of awesome baby clothes. Eric is going to look quite handsome!

After dinner we went to the mall and exchanged my perfume and got our wedding rings checked before heading home. It was a really simple evening, but I spent it with the people I love. That made me happy. I now get to make an appointment for the 9o minute prenatal massage that Ryan got me for my birthday. I can't wait!! That is going to feel so amazing and probably will make my back feel a lot better.

Ryan left Friday for TDY in Las Vegas. He'll be gone 3.5 weeks. I bawled my eyes out when he got in the truck to leave that morning. I hate telling him goodbye. This will be the longest we've ever been apart since we started dating 2 years ago. Thankfully we get to talk to one another and text several times a day. It helps to know that he misses me just as much as I miss him. Also, I'm glad it's just 3 weeks, not a full blown deployment. I'm grateful for that. He'll be home just in time for his 27th birthday, so I'm trying to plan something nice for us to do. This is our last set of birthdays that we'll ever spend as just husband and wife. From now on, our lives will be focused around our children. Just need ideas for something memorable!

Tomorrow I get to see my nephew via ultrasound for the first time! I am so excited to see this little guy, I know he's going to be just as amazing as his big sister is. I still can't believe that our son and my nephew are due only 3 weeks apart. We seriously couldn't have do that again if we tried! I imagine my nephew will be born much closer to our son though since my niece was born 3 weeks early. It is going to be one amazing summer!

Well, I guess I'll post the week 29 baby info now!

No comments:

Post a Comment