Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And baby makes three!

Yep, we're gonna have a baby! Wow, I never thought those words could come out so soon! I thought maybe another year or two from now, but here we are! So, here's a rush order on the wedding and life! I'll take that any day though. With how rough things have been lately with the passing of Papa and my Great Grandma, we could certainly use some happiness! I miss my Papa dearly, but I know he would be very happy for us. Just wish he was here so he could hold that little baby in April. I know he's watching over us now and he's happy for us.

Well, here's the story! I was 2w2d late, but had previously had 3 negative tests the week I missed. I didn't really think much about it because the considerable amount of stress I had been under with the sickness and death of my Grandfather. I went to the doctor's office to get a shot for my back, the usual lumbar epidural, and they ran a routine pregnancy test. They never told me my results so I went about my day. Later, I went to the pharmacy to fill my steroid prescription, but the lady behind the counter asked me if I was pregnant. I told her no, then asked why. She went on to tell me that my insurance company was stating I was pregnant and shouldn't take the prescriptions I was getting filled. I let her know it was a mistake and left the pharmacy.

On the drive home, I just kept thinking, I'll grab another test just to make sure before I start the new scripts. I got back to my sister's house, I was babysitting, and went in to take the test. I could barely see the faint line, I thought it was just a cheapie test. So, I called my brother down to look at it too. He could see the line, but I still wasn't convinced. I went and took a digital test then. I swear that thing blinked for an eternity!! It finally popped up PREGNANT!! Wow!! This is going to change the rest of our lives!

We proceeded to tell most of our friends and family over Labor Day weekend and got nothing but overwhelmingly positive responses. That was such a great feeling! It kind of feels like everything I've ever known is about to be different! I scheduled my first appointment and it's the 23rd of this month. I can't wait to find out how Gizmo is doing in there! Ryan is going with me to film the first ultrasound with our new video camera! So exciting!

So, now I'll be updating weekly with a pregnancy survey and the baby's development. This starts the biggest ride of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment